Sunday, February 9, 2014

So I joined an all girls choir...

Last spring, there was a scholarship audition for this all girls choir, which I have renamed (for the purpose of discrepancy) Outlook Chorus. The scholarship was for the entire tuition and the extra tour held at the end of the year. I got it. I got the full $1300 tuition. So I was definitely in the chorus.

The thought of an all girls choir had me scared out of my piggy slippers (yes, I actually do and have them). At the first few rehearsals, I clung to one of the two girls I knew was going, Perla. She and I have been pretty good friends, but she was easily making friends with many of the altos in her section. I'm a first soprano. I like to think I am far from the typical "soprano bitchy diva."

Paige. That's the name of the girl who first befriended me. She's an extremely tall blonde who spent all her free time doing sports. I'm still confused as to why she wished to become my nerdy, overachieving, dorky self. Nevertheless, I felt a nervousness and awkwardness arise from looking and talking to her. I don't understand why, but for some strange reason, if I ever were to kiss a girl, I think I'd like it to be Paige.

As time continued, I gained other friends like Savanah, Allie, and Lena. They're all really skinny and cute and surprisingly friendly to me. Just at rehearsal today, Lena turned around and said, "we should have a sleepover" and pointed to the four of us. I'd love to have a sleepover with them. I mean, I'd be nervous that my awkwardness would rise from the ground and push them away from me, but I'd love to try it. I'm not usually invited to those sorts of social outings. 


But for now, I'd just like to cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment